Severn Trent – North America Announces Danville Utilities Joins Partnership for Clean Water
Horsham, Pa. – 7 February 2017 Severn Trent – North America is pleased to announce that our long time client Danville Utilities in Virginia is now a Charter Subscriber of the Partnership for Clean Water, a new voluntary initiative that seeks to help wastewater utilities optimize the operations, performance, and efficiency of their treatment facilities. Severn Trent has been the contract operator for Danville Utilities’ Northside Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) since 2009.
As a Charter Subscriber, Danville Utilities is part of a select group of utilities that has made the commitment to improve wastewater treatment performance using the program's rigorous self-assessment and optimization process, which comes in four phases:
- Phase I - Commitment
- Phase II - Baseline Data Reporting
- Key optimization data points for quantifying treatment plant and program performance include effluent quality, plant flow and energy consumption.
- Data will be reported using the program’s secure account management and online data reporting tool.
- Phase III - WWTP Self-assessment
- Plant staff will perform a comprehensive self-assessment of WWTP performance, operations and energy consumption. The results of the self-assessment will be summarized in a self-assessment completion report that will be peer-reviewed by wastewater utility optimization experts. Successful completion of Phase III results in receipt of the Directors Award.
- Phase IV - Demonstrated Optimization
- Recognition of WWTPs that have demonstrated full performance and operational optimization.
“Our goal is to continually strive to improve," said Barry Dunkley, P.E., director, Water and Wastewater Treatment for Danville Utilities. “Being a Charter Subscriber will provide us with the opportunity to evaluate our wastewater treatment plant operations, water quality performance and energy efficiency to identify areas where facility operations need to be enhanced.”
As members of the Partnership for Clean Water, utilities make a pledge to their communities to continually improve operational efficiency and water quality performance. Danville Utilities looks forward to providing customers with continuous updates on their Partnership for Clean Water program progress and achievements.
“We are committed to being a part of the community and a good corporate citizen with a positive impact on the environment,” said Jerry Shupe, project manager for the Northside WWTP. “This initiative is another example of Danville Utilities’ and Severn Trent’s focus to drive significant improvements and benefits to the City’s facilities and environmental compliance record.”
About Severn Trent – North America
Severn Trent – North America (www.severntrentservices.com) is a leading operator of water and wastewater assets. With experience spanning over 40 years, an extensive footprint covering 19 states, our business provides contract management, full billing customer services, operations support and systems improvements for over 200 municipal, industrial and commercial water and wastewater clients in the United States. Severn Trent – North America is a member of the Severn Trent plc (London: SVT.L) group of companies, a FTSE 100 company.
About Partnership for Clean Water
The Partnership for Clean Water is a voluntary optimization and recognition program for wastewater utilities. With an initial focus on wastewater treatment plant optimization, program subscribers are committed to the Partnership's goals of improving water quality performance and process efficiency through achieving operational excellence in wastewater treatment. Partnership for Clean Water subscribers participate in a rigorous four-phase self: assessment and peer review process, developed by industry experts, and are recognized industry-wide for their commitment to wastewater utility optimization.